Once you have the Poached App, you’re one step closer to working shifts. Shifts are only available on the app, so don’t miss out!
- Complete your Shift Settings
- Using your Shift Settings, we will match you to your ideal shifts. It only takes a few minutes to get ready to pick up some extra income.
Complete your profile from the “Shifts” tab in the app.
- Add a profile picture so employers know you’re a real person!
- Tell us about yourself! Attach a resume or list out your work history and experience.
- Upload all current Permits or Certifications
- Adjust preferences so we can better personalize which shifts to send to you! Set which roles you want to work and how far you are willing to travel.
Once your settings are complete, you can start to pick up shifts.
Easily apply to any shift you find on the “Search” tab or to those that you are invited to based on your preferences and skill sets.
Once you've applied to a shift, the employer will decide if they want to book the shift.
If the employer chooses to book you — you will receive a push notification from the Poached app that asks you to confirm the shift to finalize the booking!
You will receive push notifications for all shift reminders or any last minute updates from the employers, so keep an eye out.
Make sure to carry all current certifications that are required, such as food handler’s or liquor permits, with you at all times when working a shift.
On arrival at the worksite, make sure to clock-in using the Poached app. Please be sure to arrive on time and ready to work.
- You will see all upcoming shifts in the "Shifts" tab. Your next clock-in will be grayed out until the start time of the shift, in the Time Clock section. Press "Clock In" when ready to do so.
When you finish your shift, clock out using the Poached app.
- Go to the "Shifts" tab to find the "Clock Out" under the Time Clock section.
You can also clock-in and out for breaks at any time by clicking the "Take a Break" below the clock in button.
Once you’ve clocked out, make sure to review and edit your invoice from the Poached app.
- Click “Review and Submit Hours” below the Clock Out button under the Time Clock section.
- Take a close look at the times, if there is an issue you will be able to “Edit Invoice” or if it is good to go, you can “Submit for Payment”.
The business receives the invoice instantly and has 24 hrs to pay. Within 24 hours you’re payment is being processed through Stripe and will appear in your account within 3 business days
Note: Poached will never take any fees or cut out of a Worker’s pay.
Once you’ve set up Stripe, you’re ready to work and get paid! Payments processed through Stripe and will appear in your account within 3 business days. You can always access your account any time to see the status of your payments in Stripe.
Remember, Poached doesn’t charge any fees for working shifts.
Since you are an independent contract worker, when it’s tax time, you will receive a 1099-NEC from Stripe. If you’ve earned more than $600 in a calendar year working Shifts, you are responsible for reporting your income to the IRS.